How To Protect Yourself From Getting Ebola Disease
Thinking about what to do to prevent yourself and your loved one’s from contracting the deadly Ebola disease?
Prevention efforts of Ebola Virus focus on avoiding contact with the viruses. The following precautions can help prevent infection and spread of Ebola Virus.
• Avoid traveling to areas of known outbreaks.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol when soap and water aren’t available.
• Avoid bush meat. In developing countries, wild animals, including non-human primates, are sold in local markets. Avoid buying or eating any of these animals.
• Avoid contact with infected people: Avoid contact with the person’s body fluids and tissues, including blood, semen, vaginal secretions and saliva.
• Don’t handle remains. The bodies of people who have died of Ebola disease are still contagious. Specially organized and trained teams should bury the remains, using appropriate safety equipment.
• Avoid handling live or dead wild animals. Some species of animals besides primates may carry the Ebola virus.
• Also, always be sure to wear special protective clothing (gown, gloves, full face mask and eye goggles) if you are around a person with Ebola fever
And Personally i will add,
1). Stay away from people who spit a lot when they’re talking.
2). Avoid people who produce copious amounts of sweat too. Especially if they look even slightly sick.
3). Also, one will have to place jars of sanitiser around one’s house and make sure everyone is sanitizing every few minutes.
4) You need gas masks, scrubs and surgical gloves when one is visiting or being visited by anyone who looks like they have the common cold.
5). Every sneeze is now a suspect.
6). Tell your barber and hair stylist to cover themselves from head to toe and don”t forget to make sure you go with your own pair of gloves that you force them to wear.
7). Avoid over crowded Bus / bus stations.
Use Sanitisers immediately after opening public doors, (Cab doors, Restaurant doors, Bank revolving doors, and office doors).